Saturday, June 3, 2023

Untitled: Taboo

I had a conversation in which I was discussing what I understood about the background of the Jewish people and Imperialism from the book 'The Origins of Totalitarianism', and the conversation moved towards how younger generations of the Western world don't quite understand the concept of Colonialism. More so that it doesn't get spoken about, that it's 'taboo'.

They went on to say 'How can you address a problem if you're not allowed to talk about it?' and I thought this to be rather apt as it had made clear an issue I've had in regards to Australian society.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Renmark, Waikerie, and Video Games

Renmark, 2002-3. A couple days ago, my mother said that she remembers when my father made the decision to move from Renmark to Waikerie, to ...