Monday, August 3, 2020

I was called 'Wise'

About 2 weeks ago I was seeing my dentists to have a minor cavity filled.
I get along well with both of them, both are easy to talk with and have made my dental trips a lot more enjoyable.
Shortly after they'd filled the cavity, I don't remember the conversation leading up to that point, one of them mentioned that they thought I was quite wise. I found that a bit surprising, I don't consider myself wise and told her so. She gave me a bit of a weird look and said something to effect of "you have hidden wisdom".

It hasn't been something I've thought about for a long time before this situation.

When I was young, I wanted to be like the biblical king Solomon. Able to make the correct decisions.
A little bit later when my interest was on ancient Roman and Greek history and mythology then later Norse mythology, the gods of wisdom were my favorite. Funny that now I think about it, I don't know what made them wise.

I think that wisdom is similar to happiness, it's a byproduct. They don't occur when you try to attain them but instead when other conditions are being met, so I don't think there's much point thinking about being wise or being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Renmark, Waikerie, and Video Games

Renmark, 2002-3. A couple days ago, my mother said that she remembers when my father made the decision to move from Renmark to Waikerie, to ...