Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Reviewing The Pain Through My Arm/Shoulder/Neck

 

Pain starts in elbow with grinding sound.
    X-Ray, CT, MRI's show nothing out of the normal.
        No specific incident that could cause it.
            Pain fluctuates in intensity and location ...
                Pain also spread to hands then shoulder and neck
                    ... And then more or less died off in the elbow and hands
                        But comes and goes
                    Can't find anything physically wrong with me.
                Yet I'm experiencing pain
            With altered sensations, fatigue, weakness 
        Though mainly when I'm doing high activity push/pull activities
    And don't forget the rowing incident.

Reading over the medical notes really made me question myself again. Reading the notes was surreal.
    I can understand how and why I was considered to maybe be malingering or worse.
Writing about it, I don't feel that's the case but it does leave a lingering concern that maybe there is something wrong with me that is causing me to feel pain all the time.

I want to believe there is a physical issue. I do believe that's the case.
So far I think that there are 3 physical components, and a mental/emotional component that may or may not be still involved:
    1) An irritated ulnar nerve cause via leaning on the elbows a lot.
    2) Bulging Disk in neck caused via pressure from holding head up while prone, and
    3) Bad posture, which was in part due to ...
    4) Depressed mood and anxiety via service

Physio treatment of neck as if it were a bulging disk has made huge improvement.
Ex. Phys treatment has garnered whole body improvement and wellbeing.
Leaving the army has allowed me to express more myself and be away from that environment.

I need to focus on my exercises to ensure improvement.
Though I suspect that there may be a vascular component as hinted by the rowing incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Renmark, Waikerie, and Video Games

Renmark, 2002-3. A couple days ago, my mother said that she remembers when my father made the decision to move from Renmark to Waikerie, to ...